Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How do i stop pimples from scarring when they scab?

a brief history of this situation: ive always had sensitive skin, and i have alot of hair so i figured both of those never work well with eachother. Ive had only 2 or 3 extremely bad/embarassing breakouts mostly when i was in highschool, and im 20 now. over the course of about a month i had gotten probably the worst breakout ive seen. its so bad that i wont leave my house.. my mother being a very optimistic person even cringed when i showed her agreeing that i need to seek some help. , ive already scheduled a dermatologist appointment but usually they prescribe you an expensive medicine and tell you to wait a couple weeks, but thats not always the solution!!! it started horribly on my cheeks, i would get a few whiteheads a day, more on my left side than my right, and everytime i popped them they would come back a few hours later. i know this is different from usual because my pimples have never acted this aggressively. after awhile they started getting extremely red, sore, and they are scabbing/scaring. Im having the same problem now on my chin and my forehead, which im trying desperately to contain, but with all these red bumps accompanying the unattractive red scabby bumps on my cheeks, its only helping to bring down my self esteem. ive done plenty of things to help prevent this, including : Changing my pillow cases, drinking lots of water, washing my face just the right amount of times daily, taking doxycycline (used to help prevent acne), and so on. while my acne is spreading, its not as aggressive as before, its just that im left with alot of scabbing wounds.. I was wondering if A. theres anything ive been doing wrong to prevent these breakouts and B. what can i put on my face to help take the redness out while at the same time heal these scabs on my face? anyone who can take the time to read this and answer seriously i honestly appreciate, because it could help me greatly. thankyouHow do i stop pimples from scarring when they scab?
wash your faceHow do i stop pimples from scarring when they scab?
Use something with gentle alphahydroxy in it, like Ponds age defying wipes. This will make your skin regenerate/heal faster and promote healing without scars. Use a gentle toner with witch hazel in it too.
ok first dont touch them:o


becuase thats what i did and it didnt go to well


and ive stopped touching and poking them for about a month


and my skin is really clearing up.


keep doing the things that you do and you will be good


resist the urge!
i have the same problem. Ill get a pimple and it will go away but my skin is so sensitive that it will leave a little scar kinda. the best thing i found is to put neosporin on it if it scabs or anything
I've used OXY products before when I had bad acne. It worked fantastically.


I found that Garnier products irritated my acne.


And clearisel worked great.


Witch products worked the best though. Especially the foam pump one.





Try washing your face with cold water. Not ice cold, but not luke warm either.





Also, use a peel-off mask. Peel off masks dry to your skin and go deep into your pores. As you pull if off, dirt, grime and excess oils come with it.





Use this routine:





Wipe of any make-up, excess dirt with cleansing wipes. (I use Simple)


Wash face with OXY or Clearisel exfoliating scrub or Witch.


Rinse with cold water.


Pat dry.


Use peel mask.


Wait 15 mins


Peel off mask.


Rinse with cold water.





In the morinings just wash your face with cold water and use the Witch hazel foam product..


Moisturise with an oil free moisturiser and one specifically developed for acne prone skin.





This is the routine I used when I had acne, and I still use it to prevent. I haven't had a bad breakout since I was in early years of high school and I'm now on my way to uni.





I really hope this works, and best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment