Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Why did my pimples go away when I stopped eating dairy?

Recently I was diagnosed as being Lactose intolerent. I have always had problems with mild acne since a very young age, and I also have KP (those little chicken-like red bumps on the back of your arms)...and as soon as I stopped eating dairy for about a week and drinking Lactose-free milk my pimples TOTALLY cleared up and so did the KP!! Why is this??Why did my pimples go away when I stopped eating dairy?
Milk causes acne. It doesn't matter if you're lactose-intolerant or not.Why did my pimples go away when I stopped eating dairy?
It would be the allergic reaction to the milk causing pimples
you answered your own question =MILK
Studies have been done that showed that women who drink 2 or more glasses of milk per day have a higher incidence of acne than women who drink less than 2 glasses per day. I don't know the mechanism that explains this phenomena - and I'm not sure if anyone has figured it out yet. I'm sorry this doesn't explain why your acne totally cleared up, but at least now you know that there is a correlation between decreasing dairy intake and clearing up acne.
You were allergic to the dairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment