Monday, April 26, 2010

How can I stop myself from squeezing pimples? Even under the skin ones? Tips?

Obviously I know people will be concerned, and of course I'm aware of them, I'm taking action, right?


I think I suffer from something called Dermatillomania, although luckily it is not as severe as picking of the hands and legs, etc.


I would really appreciate a list of great advice, techniques, help, prevention, how to cover up minor acne scarring, brown spots (dried pimple areas), and other things like that.


People think that this can just go away, all it takes is power, but like any addiction, it's really hard to let go fully.





I would most likely choose a best answer with a lot of information.


A LOT.


I will not takes ';i don't know, stop!'; or a paragraph of common sense type answers.


Obviously I could have and did do that on my own.


Be creative, encouraging and gracious with your answers.











Thank you so much for your time.How can I stop myself from squeezing pimples? Even under the skin ones? Tips?
it used to be a baaad habit of mine too.


i started clipping my nails much shorter than usual so when i try to stratch myself it doesnt work. then i think ';drat.'; (:


my face is actually clearing up!





as for the scars, put scar ointment on it. it has spf and moisturizes it. dont get the crappy kinds, buy a pretty expensive kind.


or, buy foundation that also has acne treatment in it so it does double job. no one could really tell you even have scars. you can stop once the scars heal.How can I stop myself from squeezing pimples? Even under the skin ones? Tips?
I feel ya, it's a bad habit I do it too. First remove ur time in the mirror if u have to put a timer and when it goes off just get away from the mirror. Second visit this site, it's really good and has lots of answers of faq's,tips, pics and it has a forum too....I'm going to order some stuff from there when I get some money.....good luck!
Im suffering from the EXACT same thing so I know how you feel. It's hard to stop picking my face because i'm constantly doing it. My face has a lot of brown spots and little scabs because of this. I read an article about how to stop and it said to simply keep your hands distracted by doing other things such as knitting, etc... Im sorry i cant help much because im going through what ure going through. best of luck!
meditation... prayer.. exercise to devote your mind on something different?? maybe those things will help..good luck
tape socks on your hands



No comments:

Post a Comment