Monday, April 26, 2010

I can't stop popping pimples, razor bumps, bug bites... on my body! Do I sound like I have OCD? How do I stop?

What is wrong! I'm obsessed with popping pimples, popping bug bites, black heads, razor bumps you name it, I want to pick , probe and pop it. Its a daily routine for me. I wake up, and immediately scour through my body, looking for newly formed white heads or weird or abnormal lumps bumps and lesions. I think every bump is associated with some disease, like skin cancer or something. I think sometimes I even pop things that are not even there! is this a problem or sound like OCD? And how do I stop popping my skin?I can't stop popping pimples, razor bumps, bug bites... on my body! Do I sound like I have OCD? How do I stop?
You are gonna get scars!!! Cut your nails short!!!!! Cut your fingers OFF!!! JUST STOP PICKKKKINNNNGGGGGG!!!!I can't stop popping pimples, razor bumps, bug bites... on my body! Do I sound like I have OCD? How do I stop?
Just think that you could give yourself a bad infection


on your skin , such as Strep infection of the skin which require medication to get you better
u kno that will all cause scarring?
go to a psychologist.
That's called Compulsive Skin Picking (CSP) or Dermatillomania. It is thought to be related to or a form of OCD.





Here is a support forum for people who do this (there are several recommendations on things to help you stop):





http://www.skinpick.com/skin-picking-for鈥?/a>





There are other forums and sites on this topic out there if you do a search.





ETA: Good luck, hon. I hope you find something that helps you out there. You can do it!
Hopes this helps and is not just stating the obvious but: maybe you can think about how dangerous that can be. Because that means you are constantly having open spots on your body that can lead to infection or even that if it is cancerous or the like, popping it would make it ten times worse. Not to mention the damaged it can to do to the appearance of your skin. They could scar.





and you just might have a form of OCD or there can be some other mentally motivating cause.
  • natural beauty
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment