Monday, April 26, 2010

I can't stop popping pimples, razor bumps, bug bites... on my body! Do I sound like I have OCD? How do I stop?

What is wrong! I'm obsessed with popping pimples, popping bug bites, black heads, razor bumps you name it, I want to pick , probe and pop it. Its a daily routine for me. I wake up, and immediately scour through my body, looking for newly formed white heads or weird or abnormal lumps bumps and lesions. I think every bump is associated with some disease, like skin cancer or something. I think sometimes I even pop things that are not even there! I can be in the bathroom for 2 hours just sitting on th counter in front of the mirror just popping away. Is this a problem or sound like OCD? And how do I stop popping my skin? I am 15 years old, very mild acne, and I am so frustrated with myself!





HELP ;[I can't stop popping pimples, razor bumps, bug bites... on my body! Do I sound like I have OCD? How do I stop?
It sounds like it could be OCD or an anxiety disorder, since it's a repeated behavior and since it's bringing you worries.





Don't worry, though - you can work on breaking the habit. When you get the urge to pop, go do something else that will take up your attention - cooking, reading a book, or something like that. It may be difficult to stop the habit, but you can definitely do it.





Also, don't be afraid to talk to a therapist about it - there are many therapists who specialize in helping people with anxiety.I can't stop popping pimples, razor bumps, bug bites... on my body! Do I sound like I have OCD? How do I stop?
If you think somthing bad is going to happen to you, or another person, if you do not pop these lumps, then it sounds like OCD to me. If this has become an obsession you need to talk to someone about it before it becomes worse.
probably have OCD. i have it to you, i constantly mess with my eyebrows(pull them, brush them, put lotion in em) i cant help it!





no big deal, but go see a dr. they will give u something for it.


hey answer my question:


http://item.slide.com/r/1/139/i/RBGjMCE3鈥?/a>
I think its a normal thing for a teen to do, I use to pick at my skin when I was younger also. Im 22 years old now and I have no problems with that anymore, with time you should get over that ;-)
Sounds like me





I sit on the counter for 20 min in the morning on weekdays and I spend my Saturday/Sunday evenings doing that for the entire evening
i do the same exact thing.


idk whats wrong with uss but its weird.


i dont think its ocd.
ocd this - the more you pop the more likely a pimple is , to turn into a boil. eeek, get some proactive!
That's not OCD. That's just awkward.
when i do that, more bumps and stuff just show up or get bigger. just leave them ALONE! they will go away!
it might be some form of ocd idunno. i never thought of it that way before.


but i do that too.


i think skin should be smooth and soft. and not have bumps all over it. so i always tend to pick away the bumps. i have ';good'; skin aparently but i think it feels like brail and hate it.





but...this is what i learned ocd to be.


ocd is when you think of something and have to perform a compulsion. and if you dont you get crazy high anxiety levels.


and the compulsions usually interfere with your life.


Ex. germs and hand washing.


if you touch something that might be dirty. your ocd brain tells you that you are contaminated or picked up a diseases and you cant stop thinking about it. so you wash your hands. people with ocd will do this constantly. even wash their hands so much that they bleed.


and the compulsion has to be performed right from beginning till end. if it is interrupted they will start over and do it again till they feel it was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment